It’s the end of the day, my works done, everyone is asleep and I have got the kitchen to myself. YAY! No internet, no mobile phones and no distractions = time to bake! These brownies are extremely indulgent but you can’t stop at one!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 heap tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¾ cup self raising flour
- 5 free range eggs
- 1 cup chocolate, roughly chopped- milk or dark
- 1 block of chocolate (I used Whittaker’s hazelnut chocolate)
- Ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
- 1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 160°C and line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- 2. Melt butter over a boiling saucepan of water.
- 3. In a large bowl beat the melted butter, sugar and cocoa powder together until well combined. Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- 4. Add the sifted flour and fold through the mixture.
- 5. Melt the chocolate over the saucepan of boiling water and once melted add to the bowl and fold it through the batter.
- 6. Roughly break up the block of chocolate into pieces and add it to the mixture.
- 7. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked through. (The middle should still be nice and gooey)
- 8. Transfer onto a wire rack and allow it to cool before slicing.
- 9. Dust with a sprinkle of sifted icing sugar and serve with a big dollop of cream or ice cream!
- You can add 1 cup of any type of nut, roughly chopped and folded into the mixture if you would like a crunchier texture!