In a rush to make dinner? Problem sorted! This tomato soup is satisfying, easy to make and only takes 10 minutes!
Quick, easy and satisfying!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 118g
Dietary Fiber 15g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 140g tomato paste (I small tub)
- 820g crushed tomatoes (2 cans)
- 1 ½ ltrs. tomato juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. white rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan or stockpot sauté the onion and garlic together until soft. Mix in the cinnamon.
- 2. Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, tomato juice and chicken stock and stir until well combined.
- 3. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the white rice.
- 4. Cook on the stove until rice is cooked. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of bread
- If your wanting to make a large batch, just add two more cans of crushed tomatoes and chicken stock.
- You can use any kind of rice, or leave it out all together.