Bean Dish is a family favourite passed on throughout the generations. It is a variation of a Lebanese dish and can be served either vegetarian or with meat. Serve with rice. Simple, healthy and tasty!!
Simple, healthy and tasty!! Serves 2-4
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 40g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- • 1 Brown Onion, roughly chopped
- • 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- • 375g Green Beans, topped and tailed
- • 1 Tsp. Salt
- • ½ Tsp. Pepper
- • 1 Carton or 140g Tomato Paste
- • 1 Tin or 400g Crushed Tomato
- • 250g Lamb Mince
- • 2 Tsp. Pimento
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. For the meat version, add the meat and pimento to the sautéed onions and brown before adding the beans.
- 2. Add beans, salt and pepper. Stir.
- 3. Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and stir until well combined.
- 4. Fill tomato paste carton and crushed tomato tin with hot water, stir and pour liquid into beans.
- 5. Cook for approximately 45 minutes on low heat then gently simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- 6. Sever with rice or meat. Enjoy!!